Sensibilities

An attempt to make sense of things in a random universe, one Friday at a time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Leaving my footsteps for you to find and follow, my love.

07 June 2007

Rinse cycle

Summer is over, and the rains are starting to take over lives again. I take out my rain boots from storage, notice how the laces have hardened from disuse, and wonder if they now come in colors other than drab green and bright yellow. I always tend to frequent places that flood. During heavy rains some parts of Camp Crame and Edsa get flash floods. There is ankle-deep mud in some parts of the camps of the PNP-Special Action Force during the rainy season. In Evangelista Sreet the drainage seems to have been fixed, but A. Bonifacio Street still becomes a shallow pool during heavy rains. Everytime June comes I begin to have the habit of parking my car a little up the street, nearer Evangelista, to keep my car from being flooded everytime there is heavy rainfall in the middle of the night.

Time does not just fly, it gushes down and floods the heart. All of a sudden school will be starting again, and the air smells different. Early mornings bring a fresh and dewy quality to normal early morning routine. Waking up, having breakfast, and walking outside feels new again, clean again, as if everything has just been freshly washed.

Mud and floods notwithstanding, there is beauty in the present. Here is my new desktop to celebrate the coming of the rainy season.

5 Comments:

Blogger me said...

i am a great fan of your blog!! that's all really. oh wait, this desktop of yours is really refreshing. i love this kind of tree. i can't take enough photos of this here in japan. i just don't know why we don't have it in the philippines though.bow.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Maryanne Moll said...

I understand. I wish we had more trees in Metro Manila, though.

Thanks for dropping by. :)

3:42 PM  
Blogger Lizza said...

A post full of imagery, Maryanne. I love your desktop pic, and I love the rainy season.

But where are the rains? They seem to have stopped. :-(

8:36 PM  
Blogger Maryanne Moll said...

Well, it did rain cats and dogs (but sadly not men) for a couple of nights. In this season -- and in this country -- who can ever tell? :)

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mary,

This is Michael Arpellida- the one you have mentioned regarding the INVISIBLE INK.

Have we met before?

by the way here's my new cp number just in case your in need of that INK aain- 09176602603

thanks!

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home