Sensibilities

An attempt to make sense of things in a random universe, one Friday at a time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Leaving my footsteps for you to find and follow, my love.

15 April 2007

The words in my blog

I have been rather intrigued with the idea of word clouds when they started becoming popular more than a year ago. I find the idea quite cute, but I thought I'd better wait till my blog gets to a more substantial length before getting my own word cloud.

Here it is now:

I just don't remember ever using the word "ita." It's not a word at all in any of the languages I write in. Also, "est" is more of a suffix than a complete word. But as for the rest, that's pretty much it. Books and writing and reading and remembering and years and time and Manila and work and key and love and life and like. And, well, me. Right there in the middle line, just a little off-center, in more ways than one.

8 Comments:

Blogger Lizza said...

This is interesting, Maryanne. I think it says a lot about your blog (obviously). :-D

How can I get one for me?

12:19 AM  
Blogger Maryanne Moll said...

Oh! I forgot to post a link! It's here: http://www.snapshirts.com/custom.php

I'll also edit my post. Thanks for bringing it up. :)

6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maryanne, I've only been here a few moments and already I'm deeply intrigued. Your word cloud is not just a beautiful idea, it's lovely, too, in actuality. Your post about it strikes a chord. I'd like to see a transcription of the renga.

8:42 PM  
Blogger Maryanne Moll said...

Hi, David. Thanks for dropping by. Actually you can already read the renga but I understand how hard it can be because of the chaotic handwriting.

It goes this way:

The movement of the body
Is the body of the body of the body of movement
Such that friction breaks the fall of touch
Ay! There's the body rub!
Like when the tide catches the moon in its loins
Deep, deep blue
Revision of every erasure that has taken place
The dragons of desire as delicate as daisies
Do their fucking in the garden of flesh
All scrape, all scrub, till they end in a nub
Of a pen that has done way too much walking.
No more words to add:
Pure stasis. But alive.

Haha! Now you understand why some people drink to write.

Keep visiting. :)

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure I'd like anyone who mentions Dorothy Parker and Tim O'Brien in their "Bog Names"

Lizza pointed me here. great site

10:54 AM  
Blogger Maryanne Moll said...

Thanks, nursemyra! Hope to keep seeing you again on my blog. :)

12:52 PM  
Blogger Nabeel said...

hmm looks like writing, reading and books dominate most of the words :) Nice widgit

7:12 AM  
Blogger Maryanne Moll said...

Yep. Some writers tend to do that in a personal blog. Thanks for visiting, Nabeel! :)

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home