Sensibilities

An attempt to make sense of things in a random universe, one Friday at a time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Leaving my footsteps for you to find and follow, my love.

12 June 2007

It does pay to think

Because I have been nominated for The Thinking Blogger Award by Daddy Papersurfer! Which means that I must have made him think in turn.


One late evening, tired of scanning yet another sheaf of drafts, I scooted over to his blog and rather belatedly saw my nomination. I immediately tossed the sheaf of drafts to the floor, and pored over my blog links with gusto, searching for my own five nominees, and alternately thinking about my nominees and about thinking. (Yes, the nomination does that to you.)

But first, the rules, by originator Ilker Yoldas:

1. If you are nominated, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think;
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme;
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' - you can find more details here - with a link to the post that you wrote (there is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog).

Thinking about thinking, though, I could not bring myself to write about the subject, since I have thought too much that I have out-thought my thinking, and now my thoughts are all over the place. (Yes, the nomination also does that to you.) After posting this I need to take out my butterfly net and catch these tiny blue fluttering things again so I can get back to my sheaf of drafts which I'm afraid of tripping over if I don't pick up. So in lieu of my thought-inducing words, I give you these quotes:

The world we have created is a product of our thinking; it cannot be changed without changing our thinking. ~Albert Einstein

Some people do not become thinkers simply because their memories are too good. ~Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Few people think more than two or three times a year; I have made an international reputation for myself by thinking once a week. ~George Bernard Shaw

Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again? ~Winnie the Pooh

And now, my nominees. There are so many that made me think, and keep making me think! But fortunately for me, many of them have already been nominated for The Thinking Blogger Award, helping to narrow down my choices to the following:

Away With Words
The Literate Kitten
The Books Of My Numberless Dreams
A Work In Progress
A Garden Carried In The Pocket

Thank you for my golden badge. It is indeed an honor.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Winnie the Pooh is always worth listening to and I am with Nietzsche on this one too. I have always had a bad memory and often have to re-think problems, usually at a slightly different angle from the first, and subsequent times - it makes the mundane more interesting.

2:41 AM  
Blogger Imani said...

It's always nice when a silent reader reveals herself before retreating into lurkdom. Thank you very much for the recognition. I'd already been awarded it a few months ago-- just haven't put the icon on my site -- but it's encouraging to get this kind of feedback.

2:55 AM  
Blogger Maryanne Moll said...

Hey, DaddyP. Give me Winnie the Pooh anytime.

Imani, I really do love your blog, and it encourages me to read, as well as think.

8:56 AM  
Blogger jenclair said...

My thanks as well for the nomination. Like Imani, I've received other nominations, but haven't put the icon on my blog. Nevertheless, I appreciate the honor and am happy to know about a new reader! Thanks Maryanne!

7:42 PM  
Blogger Maryanne Moll said...

Thanks, too, jenclair! :)

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home