Sensibilities

An attempt to make sense of things in a random universe, one Friday at a time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Leaving my footsteps for you to find and follow, my love.

11 July 2006

This one's for the boys


Here's a sneak preview of the cover of Force & Valor, the new magazine of the PNP Special Action Force. This is the maiden and anniversary issue, with art direction by the untiring, ineffable and fabulous Dominique James, photographer and layout designer extraordinaire. All articles are written and edited by moi, and printing is by LexMedia Digital of Print Town. Work on this magazine has been done on the Mac -- DJ's and mine -- and unless Print Town uses something other than a Mac for production, this must be the first ever PNP magazine to be done entirely on OS X!

It will be out sometime next week. All copies are for SAF Troopers and employees only, but extra copies will be given away. A PDF version is available for downloading through DJ's server at dominiquejames.com. I will be posting the dowload link here, too, once the magazine is out. A podcast will also be available soon.

11 Comments:

Blogger Dominique James said...

Fabulous! It's an honor to be working with you!

9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Terrifically beautiful!

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you please save me a copy of the magazine? I will gladly pay for it. I reside in the USA but I will be in Manila in 2 months.
Thanks.

5:53 PM  
Blogger Maryanne Moll said...

i'll see what i can do. i'm sure the saf would like to be read in the us as well. nice to see you here again, baduh. drop me a note here.

8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Logod, igwa man akong kopya kaini. Magayon.

Hi! The Bikol writers (or shall i say cultural) night which called "KABANGGIHAN" is on August 15, Tuesday, at Conspiracy. It would be nice to see you there!!! :) You may contact me at 09106453243

5:00 PM  
Blogger janet said...

Congrats on your magazine, M! Looks fantastic, cover pa lang. =) Glad your life is on the up, up, up.

6:45 PM  
Blogger Maryanne Moll said...

thanks, vic. i'll try to save you a copy, but a pdf version is downloadable from dominiquejames.blogspot.com. i already edited my post on this. as for the writers' night, i will definitely try to be there.

hey, janet! thanks! this is why i haven't been able to write fiction for a while. heheh.

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello again.
I will be in Manila in 4 days and I will be in Bicutan on 9/14 to visit a good friend, N. He does not know me by my screen name Baduh. He calls me Ate from America. I always make it a point to have lunch with him, R (now in D) and A while I am in town. I don't like to namedrop, maybe you can edit my message and not show their names. I believe in privacy. Hope I get to meet you.

(original comment edited by maryannemoll)

1:29 AM  
Blogger Maryanne Moll said...

done! see you soon, baduh. take care and have a safe trip.

1:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I visited SAF Bicutan twice. It was nice talking to you briefly on my first visit. On my second visit on the 14th of Sept, I was told you were in the province. I was really looking forward in meeting you.I left you a bag of goodies thru N.
I just arrived home this morning and I have a bit of a jetlag. My internal clock is out of whack again.

My email is: x

Take care.

Pls do not publish my email address. Thanks.

9:20 PM  
Blogger Maryanne Moll said...

Thanks, baduh! I do hope I get to see you in person on your next visit. :)

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home