Sensibilities

An attempt to make sense of things in a random universe, one Friday at a time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Leaving my footsteps for you to find and follow, my love.

01 July 2006

Dusk

I see in him a stillness, and other things that no one else can see: the luminosity of impending night, a sonorous quiet, pure melancholy that swells and ebbs with its own logic, a maneuvering of words that embed themselves in my breath. These are the details that propel me towards love. These are the things that lengthen my longing.


Even the sea, vast and ancient, blushes when the sun sets. Why not I, then, when I know that nightfall always brings him to my door, with the promise of fire that could rival the sun, which sets upon his arrival, as if in deference to a greater power?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whatever or whoever inspire you to write this beautiful journal entry must be very especial. I can feel the power and the intensity of every words.
I love this entry.
I think you are a great writer :)
FM-P

4:01 PM  
Blogger Maryanne Moll said...

Thanks so much, FM-P. I'm glad you like it. Do keep dropping by.

1:20 AM  
Blogger Willy B Prilles, Jr said...

There was once upon a time when I can write some lines of poetry and some flowing prose that reflect the depths of human emotion, especially love which is the most powerful of all.

Ahh, but those days are gone now, and I'm not sure if they will ever come back. But I console myself with the one woman that I love and the wonderful children that came out of our 14-year marriage, and counting. And the fact that you are able to capture these and put them in words that give me great joy.

Please do continue writing.:)

3:22 PM  
Blogger Maryanne Moll said...

thanks, willy. nice to see you here again.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Irene said...

With this entry, you got me.

Now, I'm hooked.

And I just couldn't help but link your page to mine. c",)

11:50 AM  
Blogger Maryanne Moll said...

thanks, irene. :)

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home