Sensibilities

An attempt to make sense of things in a random universe, one Friday at a time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Leaving my footsteps for you to find and follow, my love.

28 August 2009

What I like

Weekends on the beach.
Cold, rainy nights.
Taking long siestas.
Watching old movies.
A room in which I can make time stop.
Updike, Atwood, Garcia-Marquez.
Reading Proust all day.
Reading Agatha Christie all day.
Finishing writing a short story.
Finishing writing for a project.


Chandler.
My mother's garden.
Remembering the boys.
Being with other writers.
Apple computers.
Fresh laundry.
The letterpress.
Crossword puzzles.
Peanut butter sandwiches.
Bopis and steamed rice.
Chocolates.


5 x 8 index cards.
Moleskines and fountain pens.
Onion skin paper.
Silver-colored paper clips.
Manual typewriters.
Ballads from the forties and fifties.
Skirts, pantyhose, and four-inch high heels.
Eyeshadow.
Walking in stormy weathers wearing rain boots.
Summer afternoons.


Old sepia photographs.
Old, dusty villages.
Abandoned houses.
Intramuros and Quiapo.
Living in Metro Manila
Lying on the grass in UP Diliman.
Physics.
Eyeglasses.
Ghost stories and old wives' tales.
An old, comfortable chair.
Warm sweaters.
Crayola crayons.


The quiet, empty office on weekends.
Constancy.
Predictability.
A man strong enough to let me be myself.
Flowers for no reason.
Diamonds for no reason.
Love for all reasons.



[A similar post]

[Image credits: 1, 2, 3, 4]

4 Comments:

Blogger LIGHTWORKER said...

belated happy birthday!

11:02 AM  
Blogger Maryanne Moll said...

Thanks, Vitti!

11:10 AM  
Blogger Maryanne Moll said...

Thank you, John.

5:39 PM  
Blogger The Guy in Red Sneakers said...

I am very inspired by your post today. I would probably make a similar one.

And I hear you just celebrated your bday..? Belated happy birthday..!

...er, how's the nine-projects-at-time-thing going..? Wahehehehe.

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home