Sensibilities

An attempt to make sense of things in a random universe, one Friday at a time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Leaving my footsteps for you to find and follow, my love.

22 August 2006

The best things in life

... are free, to some extent. Here is my top ten list, not arranged in any particular order, and not all gotten for free.

1. doorways
2. a credit card
3. ballads from the forties and fifties
4. the high noons of summer
5. a swing
6. moldy old statues
7. a full tank of gas
8. freshly sharpened pencils
9. camouflage uniforms
10. a library floor

I wonder what my list reveals about me.

6 Comments:

Blogger pgenrestories said...

Good day, Ms. Maryanne.

In case you're interested, may we invite you (and others you know who also write) to check out our website, www.philippinegenrestories.blogspot.com?

We would like to solicit story-contributions from you and others for possible publication, as well as to request your help in getting the word out about our request.

Forgive us for hijacking your blog this way; we were looking for your email address so we could send you a private message. If you are not interested in any way, please feel free to delete and ignore this. If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at pdofsf@yahoo.com. Thank you for your time!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

Reading the list, I would think that you were born on the wrong time and that you would be happier being alone...[just a thought]

11:46 AM  
Blogger Maryanne Moll said...

i don't get it. but thanks for visiting. :)

12:44 AM  
Blogger Sidney said...

It is a dangerous game. It reveals a lot. I thought you would have been more romantic.
My list looks completely different.
But that is normal. All people are different.
My list in order of importance:
1. A smile
2. A kiss
3. A hug
4. Good company
5. Animals
6. A sunset
7. Good music & books
8. Mountains & sea & desert & big cities
9. A camera
10.A glass of wine

8:40 AM  
Blogger janet said...

Oh dear--a credit card. Double-edged sword, that one. I have wrapped my cards in paper on which are written several words of advice, starting with: "You have to properly steward your resources!" :)

3:12 AM  
Blogger Irene said...

Hi Maryanne! I tagged you in my book meme! Can't wait to see your list. c",)

Have a great week ahead!

Irene

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home