Sensibilities

An attempt to make sense of things in a random universe, one Friday at a time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Leaving my footsteps for you to find and follow, my love.

08 October 2009

Little girl

She was born tiny and out of wedlock, but she is as pure as can be, and larger than life in her solitude and her books. She knows more Tagalog songs than I do, and can speak Bicol like she has lived for a hundred years.


But she still has her dollhouses and her bead bracelets that have her name spelled out in glittery curlicue letters, and for all her gravity, she is just seven years old. This is her magic.

Happy birthday to my niece, The Shrimpmouse!

[Image credit]

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Manay, I will show this to Twixie. Thanks!

8:23 AM  
Blogger Maryanne Moll said...

Okay. I hope she likes it. Thanks, too!

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home