Sensibilities

An attempt to make sense of things in a random universe, one Friday at a time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Leaving my footsteps for you to find and follow, my love.

02 January 2007

Fresh

I have decided not to edit and re-post my previous entry. Let the whole world know that I have had tremendous backlogs and have exerted a decent enough effort to deal with them before the end of the year.

Because I have! All writing backlogs have been dealt with, save for three. Now let me welcome the new year and the smell of the freshly-cut grass of the new sunny morning with this new post, and this new desktop:


No more need to post about how my life was in 2006; it's all in my blog archives. Suffice it to say that I did okay. My blog, with its over fifty entries, has had seven thousand five hundred-odd hits. I, on the other hand, have written ten chapters, two unfinished short stories, almost seven hundred pages worth of handwritten diary entries, articles for two issues of a magazine, and about four speeches. I have bought forty-five new books, two new fountains pens for myself, and eight bottles of ink. I have read twenty books and countless newspapers, transcribed ten hours' worth of interviews, eaten over two hundred packs of Choc-Nut, watched the last episode of Friends eleven times, made about two dozen new friends, stayed up late for over two hundred nights. I have lost one boyfriend and gained another, have caught cold four times, dropped my phone thirty times, and locked my keys inside my car seven times. I have been to Old Manila twelve times, have drooled over the same insanely unaffordable book four times in a bookstore, have been gifted with two new pairs of combat boots by two different persons, tripped over my own shoes five times a day, walked twenty-three kilometers in one night, and had driven approximately ten thousand kilometers.

And underneath all that math, there's a life lived.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

525,600 minutes, somewhere in there is a year in a life. :-)

was researching about my old school (colegio de sta. rosa) and your blog was in the list. what year did you graduate in Taro?

2:51 PM  
Blogger Maryanne Moll said...

yes, i have seen the movie version of that. no, i did not go to colegio de sta. rosa. i went to colegio de sta. isabel, in naga city.

thanks for visiting, anyhow! :)

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a lot of wear and tear. Take some time for a breather kid!
See you next month.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Irene said...

Fresh is fabulous.

It's wonderful to have you back, Maryanne.

WOOHOO!

3:13 AM  
Blogger Alex Osias said...

Hi... surfed in from Dean's blog and was wondering where you bought your Moleskin! How much was it?

2:56 PM  
Blogger Maryanne Moll said...

replied in your blog. :)

12:40 AM  
Blogger Alex Osias said...

Thanks, very helpful! I'm following the GTD / Hipster / PDA thing and trying to simplify things. But I've always been curious about the Moleskin to capture ideas...

9:51 AM  
Blogger Sidney said...

Wow! You will have a hard time to do better in 2007!

By the way, happy New Year! I wish you all the best for 2007 !

8:32 PM  
Blogger Maryanne Moll said...

hey, you're back! :)

1:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home